Services we offer
Our national support services aim to meet a variety of different needs ranging from organisations who simply want to find out more to those who have already established a Community Parent Programme:
- Implementation workshops There are a number of important issues to consider if you are planning to set up a programme in your area. We offer a range of flexible and complementary 3-hour introductory workshops and information packs for managers and practitioners that can be delivered in your local area. We also run 'Me and My Community' train the trainer courses, provide resources and supply 'Me and My Community' course facilitator guides.
- Consultancy support. This is tailored to suit individual needs and focuses on core implementation issues: commissioning, business planning, partnership working, recruiting Community Parents with appropriate personal qualities and appointing a programme coordinator with appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies
- Continuing professional development and learning networks for established programmes to encourage mutual support and building on ‘what works best’ (see Best practice)
- City and Guilds accreditation centre services so that Community Parents across the country can gain the 3599 Work with Parents Award as an integral part of their volunteering experience
- National evaluation strategy to enable local programmes to monitor the quality of delivery, key performance indicators and demonstrate outcomes to commissioners
We also directly deliver our own Pregnancy Pals and Birth Buddies programme in South Essex
(see Pregnancy Pals and Birth Buddies).
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further or would like an individual quotation.