These economical mini-packs contain easy to use booklets which are ideal for peer supporters to share and then leave with families. They can also be used for a range of other breastfeeding promotion activities. The booklets mirror the range of cartoons included in the Breast-start manual. The colourful illustrations give mothers and their partners the chance to reflect on a breastfeeding support interaction and the key issues that were discussed.
Each mini-pack is an eight page A5 booklet.
Order the complete set (Mini Packs 1-4)
or order individually (see below)
Four different mini-packs are available to order separately to meet your training requirements:
Mini-pack 1: -Useful information and why breast is best
The booklets in this mini-pack are useful to share during pregnancy.
- Useful tips, handy hints and reminders about breastfeeding in the early days
- The importance of exclusive breastfeeding
- Different reasons why babies may cry in the early days
- Breastfeeding and smoking
- The choice is yours – but did you know? (Benefits of breastfeeding to both mother and baby)
- Breastfeeding – something special (the advantages of breastfeeding compared to bottle feeding)
- A routine childhood immunisation programme guide
Mini-pack 2: – Breastfeeding – it's easy when you know how
The booklets in this mini-pack are useful when breastfeeding is being established.
- Getting started: handy hints about important aspects of successful breastfeeding for baby's first week
- A little patience reaps rewards: the importance of good positioning and partners' support
- Relax and get comfortable: comfortable and effective positions for breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding, not nipple feeding: establishing the right technique
- Feeding often is normal in the early days
- Soup, main course and dessert! (Foremilk and hind milk and how mum can help baby get the most benefit from a feed)
- Easing sore nipples
- What causes sore nipples
Mini-pack 3: Family and friends and Returning to work
The booklets in this mini-pack are useful for the wider family and continuing to breastfeed when returning to work.
- Partners and breastfeeding (specifically aimed at fathers)
- Everyone can play a part (aimed at families and friends)
- Cuddle power (the importance of reassuring cuddles
- Skin-to-skin benefits
- Going back to work
- Breastfeeding at work
Mini-pack 4: Avoiding problems
The booklets in this mini-pack are useful for avoiding common breastfeeding difficulties.
- Is it nipple thrush?
- Treating nipple thrush
- Preventing nipple thrush
- Early signs of mastitis
- Treating mastitis
- Preventing mastitis
- Avoiding overfull breasts